Creamy Chicken Ranch Chili:
2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can corn, undrained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
3/4 c. water
1 t. cumin
1 T. chili powder (or less if you don't like it too spicy)
1 t. onion powder
1 8 oz. cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat)
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock-pot. I usually run my bag of chicken under warm water just long enough to thaw the edges so I can cut off the questionable bits.
- Mix the corn, black beans, Rotel, ranch mix, water, cumin, chili powder, and onion powder together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Slice the cream cheese into a few chunks and place them on top of everything in the crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, or on high for 4-5 hrs. If possible, stir it around a couple of times during cooking.
- Near the end of the cooking time, use 2 forks and shred the chicken in the crock-pot. Then stir so the cream cheese gets mixed in well.
- Enjoy! It would probably look nice garnished with something like cilantro or even avocados, but obviously I didn't do that.
|Everything but chicken and cream cheese.|
|Ready to cook. The chicken is hiding at the bottom.|
|After cooking, but before shredding the chicken.|
|The chicken shreds apart really easily.|
|Mm, mm, mm|